The New England States was designed for teachers and homeschool parents searching for a literacy-based New England States unit focusing on the history of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
The New England States features six reproducible teacher created New England States lessons with a balanced mix of lower and higher level hands-on activities that include:
- questions after each of the six lessons to assess informational text comprehension
- language skills activities to reinforce literacy in Social Studies
- primary and secondary source differentiation and research projects to create unique games and solve puzzles
- reference map skills utilizing cardinal and intermediate directions
- venn diagrams followed by compare and contrast expository writing practice
- grid math utilizing number pairs on a coordinate grid to solve mystery puzzles
- American Revolution cause and effect activities
- New England States vocabulary and states and capitals quizzes~context-appropriate glossary, grading rubrics, and answer pages included
In addition, each of the six New England States lessons has been recorded with words and music on audio CD. Set up a Listening Center
for your reluctant readers or use the audio to enhance whole group instruction!